Welcome to Our Virtual Classroom

Welcome 3rd grade students and parents to the 2009-2010 school year. Here is our new Blog Site. This blog will give us an opportunity to communicate back and forth on issues that are important to 3rd grade here at Kendrick Lakes. I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!! ~Ms. Woodman

Here are some of the ways I wish to use this blog to facilitate parental communication:
a calendar of class events (including field trips);
a daily schedule;
a copy of our classroom behavior contract;
a summary of what the students are learning and what is going on in the classroom;
the week's spelling list;
pictures of the kids at work in the classroom;
web sites that I would like my students and their parents to visit;
an opportunity for parents to post questions and/or comments;
a list of upcoming deadlines;
a copy of assignment expectations and rubrics.

It is my hope that collectively (parents, students, and myself) we are able to use this communication tool effectively as we embrace technology in the classroom.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Special Message from Me to You!

As sugar and flour come together to make
A wonderful cookie creation that you bake,
Parents and Teachers join as one
To create an educated daugther or son.
It takes lots of love, caring and understanding.
We will work together to help each child bloom,
So they can grow and prosper as they learn in this room.
So I share this little confection with you as I say...
I am committed to helping your child grow each and every day.
Yes, the road is long, but the journey's begun
As we strive together to educate your daughter or your son

No comments:

Post a Comment